Reopening Oriel Môn’s doors - changes you can expect
We have all been working hard to be able to re-open our doors. The wellbeing and safety of our staff and visitors is our priority. We have made changes on site, as well as changes to how people arrange their visit. A summary of the changes are;
- We have installed automatic hand sanitisers throughout the building and encourage everyone to use these, especially on entry.
- We will be asking everyone to book their free visit through a new online timed ticketing system. This will ensure we can manage the numbers of people on site at any one time in a safe manner, as well as being compatible with the Track, Trace and Protect scheme. We can welcome visitors without an online booking but we cannot guarantee there will be space as our visitor capacity is reduced and we will need your name and contact details on arrival. We will not allow entry to anyone who is not willing to share their contact details for the Track, Trace and Protect scheme.
- Please respect and be kind to other visitors and staff when visiting us – we want everyone to enjoy their time at Oriel Môn in a safe environment. Please be mindful that our staff are working in a new environment – we are all learning to adjust to a Covid19 reality.
Since the 9th November 2020 in Wales, social groups should be kept as small as possible. A maximum of 4 people can meet that are not from the same household (not including children under 11 and carers). Everyone should maintain a 2m distance from those outside our bubble
- There is a QR code to scan for those using the NHS app. This is to be used in addition to the collection of names and contact telephone numbers pre-arrival and on entry as part of the Track, Trace and Protect scheme.
- We have a one way flow around the building, including the shop. Please follow our signage and respect 2 metre social distancing.
- All visitors should wear a mask throughout their visit (except when sat at a café table). Our staff will be wearing visors or masks. Please advise a member of staff if you need to lip read or you have a medical reason that you cannot wear a mask so that they can help you.
- Visitor numbers will be limited within the building and within each area of the building. Please be patient.
- We have had to remove most of the items in our children’s play areas including books, dressing up and toys. When we make our backpack activities available (they will be cleaned and quarantined for 72 hours before being made available again).
- Our café takes booking for reservations for indoor seating. They also offer a takeaway service. Please ring Café Dewi directly on 01248 751516 to book a timed entry. St David’s Hospice relies on your generosity.
- Our toilets will be open to the public but will only admit 1 person at any time to avoid close contact. We have a simple lock on the outside of the toilet doors to ensure only 1 person can gain entry at any one time. We encourage hand sanitising before and after a visit to the bathroom.
- Our outdoor play area will be open but we encourage parents or guardians to ensure social distancing. We also encourage using automatic hand sanitiser before entering the play area.
- We strongly encourage the use of card payment in our shop and café. The contactless limit is now £45. There is no minimum spend for card payments.
We encourage visitors to our shop and to our Christmas Crafts Fair exhibition to use a basket when shopping to limit touching products unnecessarily.
- We will not be hosting any onsite events or activities in 2020 – but we will be hosting activities online. Do let us know what you would like to see us develop, if you haven’t already filled in our survey.
- Many of Oriel Mon’s unique products will be available online shortly, with a link from our main website www.orielmon.org. If you are interested in purchasing something that is in our physical shop, we can arrange phone and collection or delivery.
Please enjoy the exhibitions and support our artists and craft makers. Oriel Môn relies on earned income (normally 48%), so please also consider donating to Ymddiriedolaeth Oriel Môn and becoming a Supporter. We need your support. Thank you.